Like & Share

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Electronic Village: GOP Gone Wild: Racist Texan Lynches 'Invisible' Obama Chair

I got to say, while I'm sure many people who watched Clint Eastwood's remarks at last month's GOP convention and they either enjoyed or hated them this response is quite dumb. Hanging a chair from a tree just strikes me as dumb, what is the point. Although reading Electronic Villager, it could also be turned into a racist symbol.

The speech Eastwood gave last month, the empty chair representated President Obama. I never really analyzed what his speech meant I let the talking heads on TV do that for me. Like I stated already they either loved it or hated it.

To me however, if the empty chair represented the President then it means he has been absent as the nation has attempted to pull itself back after a serious economic collapse. A collapse that ultimately ushered Obama into the White House back in 2008. Well absent may not be the correct word, but certainly it could be a matter of he hasn't lead as President.

Either way because Eastwood is a significant figure and whether or not his remarks made any sense as people have also said about that convention speech they definitely have touched a nerve on the American electorate this year. And yes we can include the moron who decided it made sense to tie a chair up to a tree branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!