Like & Share

Sunday, November 30, 2014

The future is now

I realized over the years that while coveting & achieveing a degree in political science from Morehouse College there was really no plan on my end to utilize this degree. I had vague designs on what my future plans were - graduate school, law school, or just enter into politics. In my mind pursuing any of those goals were more difficult than it really was or was it?

You know I didn't exactly measure up to where I thought I would be. Also it was easy to blow off opportunities that were certainly good ones where it was possible to use my pol. sci. degree. Somehow things have gone off track for me.

I feel as if, it's still possible to follow the political path for myself. Not sure how, but I always figured even with a part-time job or even a full-time one it was possible to be of service. It was possible to even volunteer for a cause important to me or even to an official if they needed the extra help. Perhaps that's the path for me.

Another path I've been serious about is business. Over time you have read stories about me having a management interview - even if you may consider this lower-level or middle management. While it's a step in the right direction perhaps if you want to be serious about business why not consider a side-gig of some sort that doesn't interfere with your current job. Perhaps you can really show your talent as far as business.

Regardless there was a time the future was just full of boundless opportunities. That's what my younger self thought of the future. I'm starting to realize more and more that the future is here...NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!