Like & Share

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Some math humor

I shall help you out with this message because it took me a while to get it myself. The square root of -1 is i a negative integer complex/imaginary number, 2 cubed or 2 to the 3rd is 8, the next symbol is sum, and the final symbol is pi.

Therefore i eight sum pi. I ate some pie...and it was delicious!

Eventually I got the sqaure root of one and then the sum and pi. I just got stuck on 2 cubed, for some reason it didn't occur to me to just plug that in. It would've led me to the obvious conclusion!

Happy father's day everyone! :)

Via The Nerd Code!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

however if you’re an electrical engineer then the The square root of -1 is j

the shirt can be bought here if your intrested 8)
http://www.cafepress.co.uk/+i_ate_some_pie_light_tshirt,727258104?aid=70967317

Unknown said...

Woah! i is not a negative integer; its a complex number. Such an elementary error you have made there.

Anonymous said...

i is not complex, it's imaginary

Unknown said...

I two-cubed sum pie?

Anonymous said...

I saw a variation on this pun using the Greek symbol 'eta' in lieu '8 sum'. I like this version better.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this! I would've never known what this meant until I read this...

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!