Like & Share

Monday, March 13, 2023

Glenn Beck speaks with FL Gov Ron DeSantis

 

[VIDEO] This man I think is a future President he's doing such a bang up job down there in the Sunshine State. He might be the man who can beat Donald Trump for the GOP nomination. He is on the front lines fighting the wokeness in the gov't and education.

This is a very interesting one-hour discussion. How did DeSantis fight Disney? See DeSantis discuss a university down there in Florida that he helped to revamp into an effective school? Also DeSantis talks about revamping the Florida Supreme Court?

And when you think about that last question, it seems to mirror what Conservatives want to do with the US Supreme Court. Although state supreme courts are a bit different from the US Supreme Court. I presume in Florida they're generally elected that's not to say in mandatory retirements the Governor there can't appoint justices.

And Florida historically fell in line with other southern states that used to vote heavily Democratic. I suppose I never thought of that state as purple. Perhaps not a solid red state, but certainly not a blue state - unlike Georgia right now. 

Ehh who am I kidding with that shot, I don't even think Georgia is a blue state, 2020 and 2022 is a fluke with those two US Senate seats.

Anyway, I should look at how Florida voted in Presidential races. Did they vote for Obama in 2008 & 2012? And I can say since Jeb Bush became governor in the late 1990s, a Republican have lead the state ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!