Like & Share

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Two state capitols!!!

I was on the Texas Eagle leaving Dallas, Texas last night. On the way back to Chicago I passed through the state capital of Arkansas, Little Rock at about 11:34 PM last night and our state capitol Springfield at about 10:29AM this morning.I want to talk a little more about our Christmas travelling at some point later on. I just want to share these two photographs with you.

Little Rock, Arkansas' capitol dome was draped in Christmas lights. It made it a little easier to spot at night. Otherwise I'm sure I'd have missed it altogether.

And this is the Illinois state capitol in historic Springfield, Illinois. I can't tell if there are any Christmas lights. I even wonder if they drape the dome in lights. This is something that's worth doing.

BTW, I would like to do a special field trip to Springfield, Illinois at some point. I don't know when but I would like to do something when I do for this blog. Hopefully do a little bit more than my vacation last summer in Washington, DC. It'll be fun and I'll be sure to work on it.

I hope everyone had a safe holiday and we got one more to go. Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!