Like & Share

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

2008

10 years ago, I was still trying to finish up my political science degree at Morehouse. Also the Presidential race was going down to the wire with Sen. John McMain (R-AZ) and his running mate Gov. Sarah Palin (R-AK) running against Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) with Sen. Joe Biden (D-DE). Now unlike 2016 this election almost seems like a forgone conclusion Sen. Obama was likely going to win and obviously did.

Just think about the crises going on back then. The public seemed very tired of the war raging in Iraq and Afghanistan. Also let's not forget about the financial crisis which took out some of America's prominent investment banks and also left many foreclosed homes in neighborhoods around the nation. I was on the verge of graduating in 2009, but there wasn't much or me to be optimistic about.

Lately I thought about this post that I had written the month Obama took office as President. I wanted to get more involved though unfortunately it was mostly a pipe dream. For the most part I continued to do what I knew to do which was blog about it.

Besides at that point in time I had just started The Sixth Ward blog, which is still somewhat going strong today. Regardless, I need to do better with getting involved especially as far as the grass roots. I'd like to think I have something to offer, just a matter of how I offer it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!