Like & Share

Monday, December 04, 2006

Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc.

Turns exactly 100 years today. I noticed all the decoration on campus today and I just now figured this out. I would like to wish the Alphas a happy centennial anniversary.

Alphi Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc. was the first intercollegiate fraternity for black men. It was founded on the campus of Cornell University and expanded from there. It claims as members Ambassador Andrew Young, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Atlanta Mayor Maynard Jackson, Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, San Fransisco Mayor Willie Brown, Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick and his predessor Dennis Archer, Rep. Charles Rangel, and Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall. Those are just a few that I have enough patience to name. More names here.

I may try to take some pictures around campus today and then post them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!