Like & Share

Tuesday, February 07, 2023

Timcast IRL: Proud Family features critical race theory

 I'm going to share this clip from The Proud Family. It features a speech about how slaves built this country. It almost sounds like something you would hear at school whether or not you would realistically agree. [VIDEO]


I had to think for a moment, how old is this cartoon? I remember it from back in the day, however, in recent years the show had been revived. I really feel for the dad in this program and how devalued he seemed to be, by his own mother or even his wife at least the few times I did watch the show.

I almost thought it was the PJs at first which was produced by Eddie Murphy also from that period of time almost 20 years ago.

Anyway back to the above clip. Ben Shapiro talked about this clip and I will show you a clip from Timcast IRL. The point of the discussion was to illustrate how America is less racist than other nations such as Sweden. Remember Sweden seems to want to be a multicultural country and should be a cautionary tale for America especially when it comes to a lack of real social cohesion and no attempt at assimilation.

It can be stated that President Abraham Lincoln may not have intended to end slavery in America, however, a Civil War was fought in this nation in the 19th century to at least stop the expansion of it. Although one result of that long ago conflict was that slavery ended in America. And of course the continuing usage of racism just as an attack against people with whom you don't like causes that word to lose its sting. [VIDEO]

Well conservatives have seized upon this and critical race theory is used as an attack against that clip from The Proud Family. As stated in last nite's post about the Grammy Awards show from this past Sunday, this only continues the attack about how Hollywood - the entertainment industry - seems to promote an agenda of some sorts a progressive liberal left agenda. And sadly this is being directed at a young audience.

However, who is the program directed towards exactly? If this is for children will they see this clip and remember or know the implications of the messaging here? If I was at a young age watching this cartoon would I remember the messaging here?

I'm not a parent, however, I don't want my children being injected with political messaging. I also wouldn't want my children being injected with adult concepts such as sexuality before they're at an age when they can adequately explore that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!