Like & Share

Friday, July 31, 2020

Blue Collar Logic: Is narrative falling apart?

[VIDEO] I apologize for not writing more about the coronavirus pandemic here. I've used space at The Sixth Ward - at least back when it really was very serious - to discuss some of its local effects. Not so much here and it's just as much a crisis as this unrest we're still seeing around the country after the untimely demise of George Floyd by a callous police officer in Minneapolis.

What I have shared on this blog, I found among other places the Blue Collar Logic YouTube channel. I shared a video of two doctors out of California who tried to dispel the danger of the coronavirus citing high levels of infections, but very low counts of deaths. You will have a hard time finding that video as YouTube - owned by Google suppressed it - Blue Collar Logic even did a video about their version of that video being deleted.

This time Jason Siler talks about the narrative of how dangerous coronavirus is. What's been said a lot about this bug is that it mainly attacks those with comorbidities or pre-existing conditions. Perhaps said person had cancer or diabetes or asthma or hypertension and that makes them more likely to die of this very nasty illness and I do believe it is nasty.

Herman Cain is one example as he already had cancer, and it's noted he went to a Trump rally in Oklahoma City, OK and unfortunately he died from it. People are going to bring up that he chose not to wear a face covering to protect himself. I'm sure he's not the only one who didn't take their precautions knowing the risks of contracting the coronavirus.

Either way I'm not relishing the prospect of another lockdown as coronavirus infections continue to go up around the nation in a variety of states. I'm not relishing the disruption that these lockdowns have caused. Worse still I'm definitely not relishing the politics of it all, especially over the usage of an anti-malaria drug that seems to be proving controversial as a treatment.

It seems we know more about this virus than we did once the President declared his initial national emergency this past spring. And it seems we could have a vaccine soon and not only that I'm sure were developing necessary treatments to insure more people survive. And I look forward to getting back to some form of normal once we do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!