Like & Share

Thursday, June 13, 2019

"Power play"

[VIDEO] I wish I could have a convo with a billionaire (let alone have one pay for my student loans 😛). Anyway I've fallen off on following Boyce Watkins primarily on ig in recent months, however, while I don't agree with everything he says I'm with him on economic empowerment and independence.

Often the emphasis is supporting Black businesses, but I also like the focus on personal finance. Also the topics are often apolitical as Watkins aims at both Republicans and Democrats (noted in the above vid). He also takes on some social issues as well and sometimes I definitely don't agree with all Watkins says on the topic.

So I like this video where he shoots video in Midtown Manhattan of the Bank of America tower. He talks to a billionaire who's a fan of his and states that BoA started off as a "power play" by the Italian community. Italian immigrants founded this bank to truly empower their community in a different time when they weren't assimilated into American society.

So this could relate to Blacks and perhaps BoA can't be easily identified as an "Italian-American bank", however, could a Black-owned bank grow to the heights of BoA? And also once you begin to accumulate "power" you have to expect people to fight you tooth and nail to keep you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!