Like & Share

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Want to see more of LaPlata, Missouri?

[VIDEO] Here is footage from a drone over LaPlata, Missouri. LaPlata is the Amtrak stop if you're traveling aboard the Southwest Chief. That's the significance of the above footage.

BTW, if you follow the LaPlata live feed via Virtual Railfan - and you can watch both Amtrak and freight trains roll by daily on my railcam page - you get to see the station where the train stops. It seems like a small stop with a medium sized station but a small platform to board the trains.

To be honest on my two trips on the Chief I really don't remember this stop. So since discovering Virtual Railfan on YouTube increasingly I've been curious about this stop. Now I'm somewhat satisfied! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!