Like & Share

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Obligatory music post

[VIDEO] It's interesting how in spite of my lack of interest in much at times, I always discover something that proves to be interesting. I only wish the music industry could produce this quality today although there is an apparently lack of hipness on my part therefore there's probably something out there worthwhile that's worth listening to.

Anyway, I got wind of a 34-year-old rap song by The Sugar Hill Gang - Rapper's Delight. Wow, blows me away and unfortunately I found the 14 minute version of this song. What's in the video above is the 12" single version.

What also helped bring the song to my attention was a artful rendition of this song shown on Tonight with Jimmy Fallon during their premiere week. Basically editing footage of NBC anchors Brian Williams and Lester Holt. [VIDEO]

BTW, if you're from Chicago you might remember Mr. Holt as an anchor at WBBM-TV.

ALSO, I've downloaded from iTunes a much shorter version of this song. So now I can carry it with me as long as I'm able to play this song! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!