Like & Share

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Writing on this blog...

When I started this blog back in 2005, there was a number of things I wanted to do with it. My goal here was to continue to discuss political issues as has been done here over the years. Although for the most part it seems that this blog does get bogged down on the news of the day.

This year it seems my posting has been dialed back a bit. It seems that going back to year one it wasn't the quantity that counted as much as hopefully the quality as judged by you the reader. Although even in year one I'm not sure quality was a big point.

In any event, in discussing political issues it was my goal to write something resembling columns or essays although it seems at times I fall far short. If I do write anything like that it's on some more personal issues as of late such as for example job hunting and future plans.

There's always something to talk about whether it's in the news or something in my personal life. Although do I want to avoid talking about my personal life yes. At the same time perhaps any posts on job hunting or whatever will in some way relate to you. Perhaps you have some advice to offer.

Also, it was once my goal to write something of a political platform. Sometimes it's difficult to know where to start on that. It may require research and certainly if you do something like that you may have some particular aspiration behind it, but it has been something that I was keen on.

BTW, this could go back to year one. Perhaps at one point I was more aligned political as a Republican than anything else. Not so solid about it now and in fact it's best to recognize your own core values than to just say what I am politically. Americans can identify with one party or philosophy but hopefully we all can agree on what's right for the nation and that's what's more important.

All the same, this will continue to be an important blog for me. Although this isn't the only place you will see me write, best believe this will be the place you will find some writing by me. Besides while it seems at times I may be focused on local issues, I will also concerned myself with more national and world issues as well.

Like it or not we're all in this together no matter the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!