Like & Share

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My Day in the Loop

I decided to stroll downtown today and snap a few pictures.

I see that they have started to paint the iron work of the Loop L tracks.
This pic and the bottom pic are of a restaurant in the building for DePaul University. The restaurant however is gone and the space is currently empty. They must not have renewed their lease or something.

Jackson & State entrance to the Red Line ready for the holidays another shot of another entrance below.

This is the exit at Monroe & State on the Red Line. Loop Express it says.
This is at Madison and State.
Damned Macy's or I should say Marshall Field's. One day it will be again. Hopefully.
Daley Plaza's Christkidlmarket underneath the Picasso.
Daily Plaza Christmas tree.
Happy Hanukkah. Below a detail of the sign below the huge Menorah.

This looks quite yummy I must say!
The nativity scene. The birth of Jesus. Detail of the praying over Jesus below. If there's a minister in the house tell me I got that right, please!

The people responsible for the Nativity Scene in Daley Plaza
I was on the lower level of the Thompson Center, State of Illinois Building.
A nice Christmas Tree at the Thompson Center.
A place for information to help consumers not be victims of fraud.
And God bless America!!! Happy Holidays to all!!! And Festivus!

I might post more pics either here or at the Eye. This set isn't the only pics I took while I was downtown. Or better yet I think I'll upload these to Flickr as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!