Like & Share

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

More about former Sen. Carol Moseley Braun's purse..

From Sun-Times columnist Michael Snead, then I'll give my couple of cents...
Bonked and bruised but not beaten ... mugging victim Carol Moseley Braun is not only praising the two good samaritans who rescued her from the clutches of a purse snatcher in Hyde Park, but she is commending good French craftsmanship.

• • Translation: Braun's bag was a 35-year-old, tres tres chic/expensive Louis Vuitton purse from Paris.

• • Quoth Braun: When the mugger tried to slash the straps, it wouldn't give.

"The bag held up," she said.

To be honest a lot of ladies around here on campus carry an expensive purse. On the other hand assuming that a good number of them don't have much money to their name, they probably bought an inexpensive "bootleg" or replica Louis Vuitton or another brand purse. So I kind of wonder.

When it comes to purse snatchers, we would expect they want the contents of it right? You know like maybe a wallet or a cell-phone or something that gives them quick cash. I wonder if this idiot was trying to take the purse. Yes I'm saying the purse itself was the prize. I'm sure that bootleggers have to find some way to copy a Louis Vuitton purse.

Well I don't know, you just never know what some of these riff-raffs are up to.
Yeah they may try to take your purse but for what? And I would like to know what Snead meant by "Be still my tongue".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!