Like & Share

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Last night...

I saw the press conference the Governor held yesterday after his fund-raiser Tony Rezko was indicted yesterday by federal prosecutors. It was interesting to see Blagojevich saying he feels betrayed and all this good stuff. There were a couple of interesting moments from what I saw from the video at CBS2Chicago.com.

First off a reporter asked about the possibility of Blagojevich getting indicted. Not a question out of left field. This is probably the kind of thing that will upset someone watching a press conference especially to ask a question that was somewhat unnecessary. Then again I' m not a reporter nor do I aspire to be one.

Second, a guy from Englewood who obviously was desperate to get Blagojevich's attention. This man let the governor know how much he admires him, believes in him, and even voted for him. All he wanted was to meet with the governor regarding his education initiatives. At first I was thinking this man was a plant. I don't know, but this was a second interesting event during this press conference.

Tangent: I wonder who winds up at these press conferences? I thought there were all professional reporters. Would they allow a citizen journalist (and I mean a blogger or anyone who owned a newspaper press) in one of these press conference to ask the tough questions? So how did this Englewood guy get in there to get the governor's attention? I wish I knew.

Anyway, it seems like stuff always is happening around him. This is the one thing I don't like about this governor. Even George Ryan seemed relatively quiet, the only thing causing noise was the investigation of his activities in his former position as state secretary of state. I can't say I've seen anything like this, but then I haven't been around a long time.

So what can I say about this press conference except this is another interesting episode coming from this administration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!