Like & Share

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

OK, this bothers me

I'm prolife and this is one of those positions I would consider somewhat frivolous although I know the time Nixon came from, but in my opinion this position is bad:
On Jan. 23, 1973, when the Supreme Court struck down laws criminalizing abortion in Roe v. Wade, President Richard M. Nixon made no public statement. But privately, newly released tapes reveal, he expressed ambivalence.

Nixon worried that greater access to abortions would foster “permissiveness,” and said that “it breaks the family.” But he also saw a need for abortion in some cases — like interracial pregnancies, he said.

“There are times when an abortion is necessary. I know that. When you have a black and a white,” he told an aide, before adding, “Or a rape.”
So a black and a white having a child is on par with a rape? Hmmm, is it possible that the 37th President of the United States was a racist?


Via Reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!