Like & Share

Friday, March 03, 2023

WSJ: Apple's iPhone passcode problem

 

[VIDEO] I thought this was interesting and gives me some pointers as far as my own iPhone. I know people just can't keep their phones in their pockets when their out. For me personally let's say I'm on the L, my phone will come out. 

Check out social media, emails, perhaps watch YouTube. If you're not aware of your surroundings someone might snatch that phone out your hand as it had the young lady. You can be locked out of your Apple ID forever though somehow I can't believe that.

Anyway here are three tips until Apple further secures their own ecosystem for users.

  1. Make a stronger passcode - make it six digits and consider using Face ID or Touch ID. One thing to consider when you're and about is that you have to treat your passcode as your debit PIN. Don't let anyone see it.
  2. Rethink your password manager - don't let your iPhone store your passwords. Use a third-party password manager
  3. Delete photos with sensitive info - delete any photos with for example a social security number or even a state ID for example. If you do have photos of them store them somewhere else with a password.
You know this video gives me another idea but that'll be for a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!