Like & Share

Friday, November 09, 2018

On this day the Berlin Wall fell

[VIDEO] On this day 29 years ago, the Berlin Wall fell. The above video is a history of the Berlin Wall. The wall divided the German city of Berlin between the American allied west and the Communist allied east. It was considered a symbol of the so-called "Iron Curtain.

I'm glad Berlin is one city again and that the gov't that ran East Berlin and East Germany fell and the nation of Germany was reunited under a democratic regime.

I vaguely remember this event back in 1989, but because of my youth failed to understand its impact. It likely had less of an impact on me than the sight of a person confronting a tank during the Tiananmen Square uprising earlier that same year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!