Like & Share

Sunday, November 11, 2018

Veteran's Day

I've always known this day as a holiday and never always appreciated this as a day for our military veterans. Also I also never know that this holiday was at first known as Armistice Day.

Armistice Day marks the end of the first World War on this day in 1918 - 100 years ago. I found this tweet that marks this day an ad from the old John M. Smyth Company courtesy of Chicago's Extinct Businesses.
Lately I will admit that I had been looking up YouTube videos with regards to the first World War. Here's my favorite.

Peter Jackson is doing a first World War movie that is to be told from the perspective of the soldiers of over 100 years ago. The footage has been colorized and the movements of those soldiers have been set to the right speed. Almost as if the film was the same speed as today's footage. [VIDEO]

I always portray black & white silent film footage from the early 20th century as mostly people who walk around like penguins. And probably more accurately they mostly walk a bit faster or they walk slower. The footage you see here I can't believe that this footage was shot between 1914 & 1918 but I also know that they manipulated the footage to make these soldiers seem more real.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!