Like & Share

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Virtual Railfan - Barstow, California

[VIDEO] Another live rail cam to follow Amtrak's Southwest Chief. This time on YouTube Virtual Railfan now has a demo cam in Barstow, California. Unfortunately according to the schedule the train arrives in Barstow overnight on the way to Los Angeles and at night perhaps before bed time (at least for me) on the way back to Chicago. Just remember if you look at the Amtrak schedule the times for Barstow will be pacific time.

Just remember a few months ago I shared a live cam also from Virtual Railfan of the Cajon Pass another route the Southwest Chief takes between Los Angeles and Chicago. On occasion you can see that cam on Virtual Railfan's YouTube, however, it might be seen as a cam of the week when it is up. Also bear in mind that with many of these cams you won't only see Amtrak trains you will often see freight trains also.

It's time to look into a subscription to this very exciting site to see all the rail cams they offer beyond the live cams we see on YouTube. Sometimes I wish I can request some cams in urban areas. Perhaps there are some places in the Chicago area where Virtual Railfan can figure out how to place some live cams.

As always feel free to check out my Railcam page. As I wrote this I see it's raining and storming in LaPlata, Missouri.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!