Like & Share

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Business Insider: We shopped at Costco and Sam's Club to see which is better

Why am I posting this? Well I've been thinking about this and this article stirred my thinking on this. What would make it worth my while to pay a membership fee to buy in bulk for everyday items that I could use the most? And of course to check out their electronics selection.

I want to note that it's been over a decade since I ever stepped foot in a Sam's Club - I've never set foot in a Costco although there are several in the Chicago area. I bought me a small box of Dentyne ice chewing gum and a bulk box of cereal. At the time my mother had a guest membership however she never saw the point and chose not to join.

She couldn't justify it because she really doesn't have a huge family to worry about. The prices might be great, however, he might be looking at all the bulk and knowing her should couldn't justify buying so much. Though I don't have a family perhaps I have similar reasons on the other hand it's important to weigh all the options.

I don't really care about eating as I shop. What I could get at a regular grocery store well some of those items don't last as long and how long would a bulk box of cereal last. Perhaps there are some items that I couldnt live without that I would use every day like soap - bulk soap would be a good purchase.

Electronics, perhaps I don't want an expensive TV though I do remember a few years ago I could buy a whole PC with monitor at a Sam's Club. That probably would cost less than say going to Best Buy or Dell. I wonder what I could find today at Sam's Club.

You know this me an idea for another post for later on down the road. That also means I need to find my way to a Costco also!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!