Like & Share

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Trump pushes back against John Lewis

Before Trump even becomes President he's continuing to make news with his tweets. He went after Civil Rights legend and Congressman John Lewis. They're embedded below.

What prompted those two tweets from The Hill:
Lewis on Friday told NBC News he wouldn’t attend next week’s inauguration, saying he doesn’t believe Trump is a "legitimate president."

"I believe in forgiveness. I believe in trying to work with people. It will be hard. It's going to be very difficult. I don't see this president-elect as a legitimate president,” Lewis said.

“I think the Russians participated in helping this man get elected. And they helped destroy the candidacy of Hillary Clinton,” he added.

“I don't plan to attend the inauguration. It will be the first one that I miss since I’ve been in Congress. You cannot be at home with something that you feel that is wrong, is not right.”
Click here for a map of Lewis' 5th Congressional district which mostly takes up the City of Atlanta, Georgia. And includes Morehouse College where I graduated with my BA in Political Science. Trump did engage in a form of generalization here, but got to admire his willingness to fire back. 

Hat-tip Instapundit...who to be honest really doesn't need my backlink, however, I just had to share this slam against the Smithsonian's African-American museum. It's a place I hope to visit when going to the nations capitol.

The nature of this slam is noted after doing a quick post about Justice Clarence Thomas inaugurating former Indiana Governor Mike Pence as the new Vice President. Glenn Reynolds hopes that the museum will actually one day acknowledge Justice Thomas' existence in Black history.

BTW, back to John Lewis, the Russians actually didn't really have to do anything. Hillary lost the election by herself. It turned out to be Trump's time and even though he was imperfect in many ways momentum proved to be on his side. If the country took issue with any hacking of information from the DNC or Hillary herself it would've certainly mattered in this election and we'd have been living under a President-elect Hillary Clinton. That didn't happen last year and with the uncertainty over the election I had been bracing myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!