Like & Share

Saturday, June 02, 2012

I had to think about this for a second...

When was the last time I went to a funeral. It was actually in 2011, when I went to services for my third grade teacher and long-time principal of my old elementary school Bennett-Shedd School. That event was posted on my blog at that time. Even then it wasn't my intent to go to the funeral I wanted to attend the wake before the actual funeral.

Anyway this week I learned that my grandmother passed away and I opted not to go down South for the funeral.  I wasn't that close to her but her death still affected me and she was my last living grandparent. Thankfully she lived a long time! And that explains this tweet I posted on Tuesday:
My stated purpose as to why I don't want to go to her funeral is primarily I don't like funerals. Had a bit of a tough time with my dad's funeral years ago. Although I had attended some funerals since that time for relatives that have largely been a presence all my life this would be something that would be tough. Not sure I want to see my grandmother in a casket.

And now for the unbelievable feeling that Gurtine Burns Howard is gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!