Like & Share

Thursday, March 22, 2012

What Happens When A 35-Year-Old Man Retakes The SAT?

Well, I think I have been thoroughly discouraged from taking the SAT. A guy did it recently and he hated it at 17 and he hates it now! His conclusion:
I took my final score on this practice test and did a proportion (one more goddamn math problem) to see if my score was better than it was 19 years ago. And it was, by roughly 190 points. (I got 2140 this time. You do the math yourself.) I'm smarter than I was when I was 17, and that's a relief, because I was a fucking MORON at 17. If you're 35 years old and you're thinking about retaking the SAT as a kind of blog stunt, I would highly recommend you avoid it. In fact, I would recommend that no one take the SAT ever. It's a sternly worded dinosaur of a test, graded in an arbitrary manner with outdated equipment, and it blows. The only reason people take it is because they have to. It exists only so that preppy dipshits can brag about their scores well into adulthood if they did well. I hate it. I hope the Princeton Review gets fucked by a cattle prod.
If you're 17 or 18 and don't want to take the SAT go to a community college. Depending on where you go to a university those college credits will be more than enough. Well those and the GPA at least.

Once upon a time I took the ACT, the SAT wasn't promoted at my high school or perhaps even in CPS. My senior year of high school however I really didn't bother applying to any universities anyway. Just simply applied to one of the City Colleges of Chicago got registered and took a placement test and was all set from there. My ACT scores weren't that good so college admissions could've been a challenge for me then.

Anyway, if I ever want to go back to school it might required taking a different test such as the LSAT, GRE or even the GMAT. Hopefully my patience won't be tested with those exams.

Via Instapundit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!