Like & Share

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Debating the value of a college education


[VIDEO] This was aired on CBS' Early Show this morning. One of the guests Sam Taratino who started Grooveshark and on-demand music discovery service had himself dropped out of college and take the entrepreneurial route. Not sure if this debate answered any questions.

College is different things to different people. I have a college degree, but while I made some good friends during my time in college it's safe to say that I didn't make the most of it. Meaning that I could've networked better.

At the same time we should recognize that it isn't for everybody. Everyone expects different things from this experience. For the most part, it's expected that a person would major in something that would translate into a job. But college is about education not career training right?

I can go to my old high school (GO FALCONS) and see the emphasis on sending their students to college. I hope they make sure that these young people ask themselves what they expect to get out of college. That's a very important question itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!