Like & Share

Sunday, February 03, 2008

This is unfortunate

I saw a comment posted here in response to one of my frequent commentors, Third Generation Chicago Native with regards to Dr. Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" speech.
The "I have a dream" speech is not in the public domain. The King family claims the copyrights.
I had to look this up and found this at Wikipedia. So once upon a time you might be able to read a text of this speech, now you can't. It was such an historic occasion now the only thing you can do is watch a video of it. If it was my decision I don't know if I would have restricted it hiding behind a copyright. This isn't a criticism by any means.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!