Like & Share

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Morehouse Men

This was the video that helped me decide to partake in this journey of Matriculation at Morehouse College. If I had known such a video existed I'd have probably been a bit more active in getting into college during my senior year. I certainly had the grades to go to Morehouse, but as for everything else well that's another question.

Either way I found it on Amazon.com. It's a good documentary made back in the early 1990s. There are a lot of good stories in it. Stories about the school and its students. I enjoyed it and I hope you will too, perhaps it might convince a young man in your family to try out college, if nothing else.


Oh and I never bought a copy. I would like to thank the Chicago Public Library for loaning me a copy many years ago. This cost me a dollar or so to rent for a week or so, but it was worth it and probably a little better than buying the video and certainly better than renting from a Blockbusters! Well assuming that Blockbusters even had this documentary available.

Addition: I started this post in January, Founder's Day has just passed and apparently the new college president Dr. Michael Franklin (a Chicago native apparently, graduate of Morgan Park High School) was recently inaugurated. Unfortunately I wasn't hip to the inaugural festivities. Still I will post over at the Eye pics from an exhibit about Dr. Franklin's matriculation here.

Oh and look at this Morehouse College has their own YouTube channel!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!