Like & Share

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Grab your video camera and help us cover Black Friday

That's right the Springfield, Illinois newspaper State-Journal Register is offering you the opportunity to document what you do the day after Thanksgiving, also called Black Friday. This is the first major shopping day before Christmas. I almost wish I had a camcorder to record my activities on that day, but it's more likely I'll be at home chilling while everyone else acts crazy looking for bargains or that perfect gift.

We're looking for a few shopaholics who own a digital video camera and are interested shooting a brief video diary showing our viewers how you survived Black Friday.

We'll feature the videos on our home page as part of our news coverage of the most hectic shopping day of the year.

If you'd like to participate, shoot us an e-mail to photo@sj-r.com. With your message include your name, hometown, the type of video camera you have and your general plans for Black Friday (what time you plan on getting started, where you're going, etc.)
I see this as a videoblogging opportunity too. I mean this was made for that. It's your Momentshowing of sorts. I want to see what moments people might have for the State-Journal Register.

BTW, from my more reliable videoblog sources I'm enjoying this month since it's been declared NaVloPoMo, or National Video Blog Posting Month People with videoblogs and that kind of dedication to them are making a video-a-day, everyday for November. This is the 15th so we're at about the halfway point.

BTW, I supposed this started off with NaNoWriMo or National Novel Writing Month. Among some of the videoblogs out there this is something I have seen more times than not. If NaVloPoMo was a new concept as of this year there's NaBloPoMo. That stands for National Blog Posting Month and it looks like I'm well on my way to doing that this month posting a blog or several blogs this month. Even if I'm not an official participant or I didn't set out to do this everyday in November.

When I first started this blog, there seemed to be a flurry of activity amongst that community, but things seemed to have slowed a little bit. I can understand if people move on to other projects, I really enjoy the ones who keep going. BTW, I still am impressed with those who treat their blogs as vehicles for their own homegrown TV programs.

Don't forget to check my vlogroll!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!