Like & Share

Monday, November 07, 2005

Topinka may run for governor...

There was a post from IlliniPundit and then the Chicago Tribune.

There were hopes that she would run for re-election as the Illinois state treasurer. I suppose she got the money and support she needs. I do question if she is the right candidate, during her brief tenure as Illinois GOP chairman she presided over a rather disgraceful period when the original GOP nominee for the US Senate Jack Ryan resigned his nomination and in his place was Alan Keyes.

I would hope however that the GOP can keep it together in this election and not engage in an expensive and negative campaign. They need to unite against a candidate but if I'm to believe the analogy between the national Democrats and IL Republicans, who is to say Topinka won't just become Illinois' version of John Kerry.

I can say one thing about Topinka, we will know where she stands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!