Like & Share

Friday, September 02, 2005

When the bell rings...

Everything is supposed to stop. In the PBS video Morehouse Men there is a segment that takes place during Freshman orientation. It is impressed upon the students that a Morehouse Man answers the bell whenever it rings. Since I've been at Morehouse College the bell has never rung at least in earshot.

Today it did. While I only stayed a few minutes this was only regarding the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. One of my Morehouse brothers held up and Atlanta Journal Constitution with a big caption of "We're like animals trapped we need help". There was a picture of an old man cover with an American flag and other images.

They wanted to call us into action. I may not volunteer my time, however, I'll use whatever dollars I have to help the relief efforts in the hurricane affected area. I hope many of you will too.

I just have to add that these are also one of the many times that I wish I had a camera down here. Well I don't have a camera of anykind down here with me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!