Like & Share

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Brief History of Father's Day...

I'm late and I hope everyone had a happy Father's Day. I hope everyone spent some time with their fathers (assuming he's still alive) and it's good quality time. My father is no longer with me but there are moments that I wish we could spend sometime together. When he passed away I didn't imagine what I'd miss out on.

In any case for those who are fathers or who want to be fathers some day (as I aspire to at some point), here is an article about how this tradition started it's a hell of a story. About a daughter who wanted to celebrate her father who became a single parent because his wife died while giving birth. This is only one part of this story I know but I wanted you guys to have an idea on what this meant to the person who started this.

LINK
Happy Father's Day! from the Illinois Leader 6/19/2005

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!