Like & Share

Saturday, December 11, 2021

Blue Collar Logic: Trump just can't let go

 

[VIDEO] As we inch towards the 2022 midterms and ultimately the 2024 presidential race we may have to ask ourselves if the Republicans' best bet is a return of Donald Trump to the national ticket. I feel as if this is the question Dave Morrison is leading to in this video.

The focus of this video is what's going on in Georgia. Morrison admits that Stacy Abrams who ran as a Democrat for Georgia Governor has a decent ground game. Enough to show that Georgia is turning increasingly purple as opposed to deep red.

The former President's gripe about election fraud is what caused many Georgia Republicans to stay home when they really needed to turn out. Trump wasn't wrong to challenge the election through the process, Morrison would state that Gov. Brian Kemp attempted to preserve election integrity in Georgia. 

Anyway another issue here is that former Pres. Trump is creating his own alternate version of "cancel culture". Any Republican that doesn't do his bidding is a RINO. And you know it seems Trump has enough muscle to make or break anyone in politics. However another question to ask if it's a good thing?

Election fraud aside, one definite reason I do think the former President lost in 2020 was his personality. He couldn't always take the high road. He was was always willing to punch the other side. Perhaps it was the mean tweets although I would giving anything to see some of those again and the success of his term in office.

However, let me admit I wasn't on board in 2016. I couldn't vote for Trump or Clinton that year I voted third party. My primary focus was that Trump was largely untested in politics - almost like I felt Obama was untested. Clinton well she seemed to have wanted this so bad that well she wasn't very trustworthy.

Yes in 2020 I had more faith in Trump's ability to run the nation than potentially Joe Biden. And also I look at how America seemed to have unraveled with the double whammy of coronavirus lockdowns and the unrest in a time of a pandemic. To my disappointment he did lose and we see where we are now.

As for 2024 we'll have to see, however, I'm not that quick as of now to hang my hat on Donald Trump being elected the 47th POTUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!