Like & Share

Saturday, February 13, 2021

Trump's impeachment is over: acquitted

 

[VIDEO] I learned about this earlier afternoon when an alert popped up on my phone. I never use the news app on my iPhone. It's time to move forward is what I said.

We engaged in this exercise of impeaching a man who's already out of office and then using the guise of oh we need to prevent him from running for office again! Well good plan, it didn't even get off the ground.

This would've been unconstitutional anyway. I hope Trump had his lawyers ready to really challenge this action. It's been disputed whether or not it was possible to ban a person from running for federal office although someone who's been appointed to an office of trust in the federal government could be barred from taking a federal office.

Well either way no need to further debate this, it's over for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!