Like & Share

Friday, September 11, 2020

9/11 observance

 I wrote this tweet this morning on my commute to work. 

Islamic fundamentalist terrorism became a grave to this nation on this day in 2001. Nineteen years later we face another threat and as opposed to this being a threat from overseas right now the threat resides in the streets of American cities. Yes I'm talking about the anarchy that you might be seeing on social media or on FOX News for example.

Usually I avoid any rememberanes on this day, today was a tad different. We see family members who discuss life without a loved one who died on that day.

I have to admit perhaps it was in bad taste to put in the same tweet the ongoing unrest in American cities with the evil that hit us at the World Trade Center in Manhattan & the Pentagon in Virginia. However, I think the threats shared in my tweet today are ones we have to be concerned about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!