Like & Share

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Eric Bischoff fired from WWE

This news actually broke yesterday and is so monumental that Sport Illustrated wrote about it. I'm somewhat disappointed, but am I really. Did the man who led the former World Championship Wrestling to ratings dominance against WWE really desire to return to the business?

Based on his podcast 83 Weeks I don't know. It's great to hear his recollection of the so-called Monday Night Wars and of course the time he did start working for WWE in an on-screen role. But then Executive Director of Friday Night SmackDown seemed like a stretch even now. At the same time Bischoff has his own successes in the business.

I see that although there was some excitement with his hiring Sports Illustrated is over analyzing this as much as say a Dave Meltzer or anyone else in the pro-wrestling press. I see his role was only to watch and observe he didn't really have much creative input. It was speculated that he could help to transition the SmackDown brand to its new broadcast home on the FOX Network.

I hear in some reports that there was nothing good to say about Bischoff's time as the boss of SmackDown. Then I realize this is still the wrestling business, why am I thinking us wrestling fans are getting "worked"?

The first news of this I received from this YouTube channel Hannibal TV [VIDEO]
BTW, this is a humorous thing to come out of this unusual story. It shows that Bischoff knows how to bounce back assuming this isn't a work. I'd want to buy this shirt, everyone who has ever held a job could relate to this.
br />

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!