Like & Share

Saturday, March 10, 2018

Blago appeals and gov't still says nope...

[VIDEO] Rod Blagojevich - Illinois' former governor - is still trying to get out of prison - he's appealed to SCOTUS to quickly end his 14 year sentence. BTW, I like how Chuck Goudie refers to Blago as "defrocked" I prefer to term ousted, but eh either way he had been impeached and removed from office back in January 2009. It's going on 10 years as of December since the FBI came to his home and placed him under arrest.

Wait a minute, I've seen that movie before. No I haven't but I could compare this to Molly's Game. The FBI did the same thing to her in that movie they called her up saying agents were outside of her door and she needed to surrender. A sitting governor arrested by the FBI, someone is under some serious suspicion and is a public official.

Anyway what was noted in this report, well it appears Blago's legal team regurgitated the same points to get him out of prison. He still has questions about "illegal political fundraising", well attempting to sell a US Senate seat would count in my opinion. Blago also states that he's never explicitly asked for any money. Regardless the solicitor general of the US tears his arguments to shreds.

Something crazy would have to happen before Blago gets out of prison. In my opinion, I feel as if he could've saved himself the trouble when it was time to go to trial and during his trial. I feel as if the hammer of justice came down on him hard because he ticked off people in his trial. Perhaps the judge or the US attorney. Blago did this to himself and it doesn't look like he'll get out of his 14 year sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!