Like & Share

Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Classical liberalism superior to libertarianism?

The political philosopher in me is somewhat intrigued by this article found at Instapundit!. For a long-time I've considered myself a "classical-liberal" although there's not a certainty as to what that means. I've always equated that philosophy with libertarianism, however, it seems that you still can't. There are some differences as explored in this article.

One takeaway is that the discussion is centered around US Sen. Rand Paul who's only in his first term as a Senator and is something of a rising star. Let's not forget his father was Presidential contender and former US Congressman Ron Paul.

While I'm sure that this is not the only classical-liberal book out there, it's probably about time to read John Locke's Second Treatise of Government (which is a public domain book) again. Thankfully without the pressure of school! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!