Like & Share

Monday, January 21, 2013

Inauguration


[VIDEO] Yesterday, the President took his official oath of office. This morning, the President will take the oath again in a public ceremony. I just heard the expected audience is down a bit from what it was four years ago. The historical significance may have no impact this time around although the ones who supported him this year and four years ago will likely be a significant audience.

Still this "private" oath causes another point of this posting. I thought incoming Presidents were able to take an oath on a later date if inauguration day was on a Sunday. I recognize that the oath and inauguration day is in the US Constitution, but there were some exceptions to this rule made.

My mother heard faster than I did about the "private" ceremony that occurred yesterday and all I knew was that he's going to have his inaugural on Sunday. Now it's time to find out what's the exact rule on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!