Like & Share

Thursday, May 31, 2012

This video makes me go hmmm...


[VIDEO] This quote was CapFax's quote of the day and here's an article that provides text:
I get wound up,” Walsh shouted. “Boy, do I get wound up. I am scared, I really am scared, Patrick,” he said while raising his arms and addressing someone in the crowd, “that we’re past the point. We have so many people now dependent on government. So many people want handouts. The Democratic Party promises groups of people everything. They want the Hispanic vote, they want Hispanics to be dependent on government, just like they got African Americans dependent on government. That’s their game.”

“Jesse Jackson would be out of work if [African Americans] weren’t dependent on government,” he added
Congressman Joe Walsh is from Illinois' 8th Congressional district in 2010 he defeated the incumbent Congresswoman Mellisa Bean. In Illinois political circles he's been known for make controversial statements. It was even noted on  his Wikipedia profile and on such Illinois blogs as CapFax that he got into a heated argument with a constituent.
In November 2011, Walsh was videotaped meeting with his constituents, becoming visibly aggressive and swearing at a constituent who questioned him. He later apologized for being "too passionate".[56]
 There are a few people out there who would be happy to see him gone, but I know very little about the 8th so that's not the call for me to make.

As for the more racial statements he's made, I'm not certain if I should be offended or not. If anyone isn't happy about the idea of dependency it's me. At the same time while it certainly would stir his constituents one could just as easily accuse Congressman Walsh of overgeneralizing here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!