Like & Share

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hmmmm so...

I've been thinking about writing a post or two just as soon as I have internet at home again. We had a serious whether situation yesterday and the power kind of "browned out" at home. Then not long after that the reliable internet just stopped working.

Then I leave for work and find that well needed a password reset. Simple enough until I get to that point to reset a password and as of this morning that's still not finished not sure what else to do. Even worse I don't want to dial some number to rectify this issue, but it's a problem.

Anyway just thought of one possible post and a takeoff on what I learned in my two political philosophy (theory) courses from Morehouse. The idea of America becoming more of a Hobbesian (Leviathan) type state as opposed to the more classical liberal state (John Locke) on which our nation's constitution was based.

I'm probably basing this on the rhetoric I've been hearing on TV or on the internet since at least Obama became President. Of course there are those who were saying it when Bush was in office. Who knows people have always been saying this no matter who took office.

All the same this means that I have to read John Locke's 2nd Treatise of Government and I need to read Thomas Hobbes' Leviathan. And see if I can get a basic understanding of both of those works. Base this on whatever notes I still have from class and I'm sure I still have them.

Just need to get that internet working again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!