Like & Share

Monday, July 28, 2008

Cuban's Cubs?

A segment in today's Chicago Business Today.

Cuban is my own personal favorite but I often heard that there aren't too many fans amongst the ownership of Major League Baseball, especially reportedly Jerry Reinsdorf. I wonder how many run-ins they've had as owners in the NBA.

You see in addition to owning the American League's Chicago White Sox, Reinsdorf also owns the Chicago Bulls. Mark Cuban owns the Dallas Mavericks. The Mavericks went from a sleepy losing franchise to a team that will make the playoffs consistently. Well I'm not sure since I don't watch the NBA anymore.

Mark Cuban has a certainly energy that I think would fit in well at Wrigley Field. In addition it would be great to having an owner with the drive to win up there. Probably in more ways than they've had so far in the Tribune Company although contrast that from the era when the Cubs was owned by the Wrigley family. Tribune Co ownership have seen Cubs teams going to the playoffs for the first time since the Cubs' last appearance in the world series in 1945.

Cuban, Cubs and Cubdom from the Chicago Sun-Times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!