Like & Share

Sunday, October 21, 2007

State-run universal health care

Thru Instapundit from The Atlantic's Megan McArdle.

It discusses the popular subject of universal or single-payer health care. Especially the varieties run by the states. It even provides one more state example for the program called TennCare in Tennessee.

The only reason I post this was that this post reminds me of Illinois Covered. One of Gov. Blagojevich's attempts to build a universal health care program in the state. I wonder if that program could run into the same problems discussed here.

My 2 cents is that right now this seems to be a somewhat popular fix although there is information out there that suggests otherwise. If the problem with health care is rising costs, then why not address that instead of creating another expensive health care program. Politicians may claim this will address the issue of rising costs I just wonder if it could do nothing more than jack up costs more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!