Like & Share

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Monday is Pulaski Day

I posted this on Friday by mistake. Pulaski Day is tomorrow. Oh and this isn't a special post, so I'm still in Spring Break Mode.

Since I'm in college I haven't had Pulask Day off since I graduated high school. It's a state or Chicago holiday. And probably a nod to the fact that Illinois was said to have the largest Polish population outside of Warsaw, Poland. Still who is Pulaski Day named for?

Well I know one thing Pulaski was a general in the Revolutionary War. Here's more at Wikipedia.

Here's more about Pulaski Day at Wikipedia.

BTW, these are the closings in Chicago for today. The schools are closed (well I did mention that didn't I), the CTA operates as is normally does (it's not on a holiday schedule), the courts of Cook County and Will County are closed but others in the Chicago suburbs are closed. The libraries are closed in the city. There will be mail delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!