Like & Share

Monday, February 12, 2007

I just found this today and other items related to Obama.

I just found on 60 Minutes on Yahoo today. There among other items, you can watch video from last night of Sen. Obama's interview on 60 Minutes. It was a really great interview.

Oh yeah I want to address this news that I have seen around the bloggosphere. The news that Australian Prime Minister John Howard went after the Senator on his stance with regards to Iraq...

The man who wants to be the first black US president has pledged to withdraw US troops from Iraq by March 2008, a timetable Mr Howard believes is dangerous.

"I think that would just encourage those who wanted completely to destabilise and destroy Iraq, and create chaos and victory for the terrorists to hang on and hope for (an) Obama victory," Mr Howard told the Nine Network.

"If I was running al-Qaeda in Iraq, I would put a circle around March 2008, and pray, as many times as possible, for a victory not only for Obama, but also for the Democrats."
Let me just note that Obama has responded, but could this only add fuel to the fire. Could this make Obama even more of a world leader. He hasn't even won a primary yet (in fact the election hasn't even started) and a foreign leader is already going after Obama. As much as I can understand the Prime Minister's sentiments he needs to stay out of this one. Let the American people decide if Obama is the man of the moment.

Also how about this piece of over reaction, from a more conservative blog called Hot Air. The blogger named Ian picked apart the words of Michelle Obama she she said during her husband's 60 Minutes interview...
“I don’t lose sleep over it because the realities are that . . . as a black man . . . Barack can get shot going to the gas station,” Michelle Obama said in the interview, set to air Sunday night. “You can’t make decisions based on fear and the possibility of what might happen.”
Ian went on to be offended by saying...

Well, I’m sure glad I’m white because that means I won’t be shot while “going to the gas station.” I forgot about that unwritten rule where only black men can be shot and no one else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!