Like & Share

Monday, January 08, 2007

Let's get away from Ald. Troutman for a minute...

Let's talk about tonight's episode of Raw. They got off of a PPV tonight. I don't know what happens but I've never really seen a live PPV from WWE and I imagine that not much interests me in that regards at this point.

Well there was a match between Rosie O'Donnell and Donald Trump. Many of you may know that for the last few weeks they have engaged in a war of words because of his role in the Miss USA pageant. It was quite funny to watch two people actually wrestle and imitate Trump and O'Donnell.

When WWE Chairman Vince McMahon announced this match tonight I knew it was a joke. And I almost wished that McMahon did more of this than what I think he's doing now. But it doesn't matter the match wasn't my favorite but it had its moments.

Donald was no match for Rosie's size. Rosie is a big woman or at least the woman portraying Rosie was a big woman. And The Donald had this wig which was an imitation of the real Donald Trump's hair and it kept his head from getting hurt on the turnbuckles and gave Rosie some headbutts or should I say hairbutts. Of course Donald overexerted himself by trying to bodyslam Rosie who then fell on him.

But that didn't end the match. The fake Donald used a cake that was on the outside of the ring on the announce table and smashed that into Rosie's face. While she was knocked out Donald gave her a flying hairbutt and pinned her. The fake Rosie was hysterically crying after losing the match. I'd really like to know who those people were.

Well that was the only highlight on Raw this evening. BTW, Rosie was still crying after her loss tonight and we see Farooq (or Ron Simmons if you want to know his real name) came up he had his famous term printed on a T-Shirt he was wearing. He was observing the situation for a while until he finally said, melodramatically in his deep voice, DAMN!!! And this was the last time we saw the fake Rosie on Raw.

BTW, WWE Raw is celebrating its birthday on January 11th. The first episode aired on January 11th 1993. It was too bad that in those days I didn't have cable or I could at least say I was there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!