Like & Share

Friday, August 11, 2006

Blacks in the Kentucky Derby...

I'm watching Seabiscuit again and I'm surfing the internet at the same time as usual. But I found a section devoted to blacks in the Kentucky Derby. I had no idea that the founder of Motown Records, Barry Gordy, had actually owned a horse that raced in the derby. I was just lurking the area with black jockeys and then I ventured toward the owners section. This is without a doubt an interesting find.

EDIT: At the last derby a couple of black celebrities were cited at Churchill Downs. One of whom I had actually seen on the long broadcast on NBC (I didn't get to see the actual race unfortunately). I believe that Ashanti and Ludacris was there. Ashanti was in white with a hat and maybe a veil and Ludacris was there looking "PIMP'D" out. Both were sharply dressed. I suppose in this case they were just spectators if not actual bettors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!