Like & Share

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Los Angeles

I was out of town for eight days. I left last Tuesday and it took me about a day and a half to get to LA by train. I just have to say after taking the bus so often to school that I've missed taking the train. That's a whole other topic however.

I've taken some video even. As soon as I can get a handle on this vlogging craze I'd like to share some with you. There is one thing I failed to get video of...

We went into a part of LA with a rather large homeless population. I could call them shanty towns because it's not uncommon to see tents on sidewalks all over LA. It's really sad when you think about it. I truly believe homelessness is a choice though I am sure most have had hard luck but that is another question. As with most other cities particularly the city I'm most familiar with (Chicago), progress is definitely creeping up on the homeless and the poor. In any case we were there looking for a relative who had been known to hang in that area.

Also my family was there for a family reunion. There were only a handful of us there and that's because California is an expensive proposition for many in my family. Of course there are those who didn't really want to go anyway or they may have small children or they may have been elderly. Then again there are many who are hard pressed with money.

I'm rather looking forward to my next Sunshine State getaway but that won't be for some time. I was nine when I went out there last and I barely remember that. I hope I'll get other opportunities. Besides there are other sites to see in not only LA, but San Diego, San Francisco, and even Oakland. We'll have to see.

In any case I'm sure I have some catching up to do. I have a few ideas to play around with so in the next few weeks I'm going to put them to press here. In the meanwhile this'll be it for today. Hopefully I can do some posting tomorrow.

Oh yeah if you guys want to know if I have updated you can utilize this feed. Hopefully you either have My Yahoo! or even My MSN. Or you can utilize some of these programs which allow you to read the various blogs out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!