Like & Share

Friday, May 20, 2005

I've missed ST:TNG

You know the final episode of Enterprise got me a little nostalgic for Star Trek: The Next Generation. The final episode was pretty much a holodeck representation of Enterprise Captain Johnathan Archers final mission before he must give a speech marking the founding of the United Federation of Planets. Two of my favorite characters were seen in this episode Commander William T. Riker and Counselor Deanna Troi.

I've knocked TNG in recent years. I had discovered Deep Space 9 and I consider that superior in some ways. But if it wasn't for TNG I would never have been interested in Star Trek at all. I saw one of my favorite TNG episodes on Spike this past week Devil's Due. That was just a fun episode.

I remember that for probably the last three or so seasons of TNG that I would faithfully watch the first run current episodes on Saturdays at 6PM and again on Sundays at 10:30 (following that at 11:30 on Sundays was the Original Star Trek). Then the previous seasons would be seen during the week everyday at 6PM as well. I kind of enjoyed the early seasons particularly seasons 1 & 2. The style seems to have changed permanently by season 3.

Finally when I discovered Star Trek I was in the 6th grade. After that I started to acquire the books and the movies from the original crew. I've been hooked although I've disliked Voyager and I'm disappointed Enterprise has been cancelled. Hopefully within two years, there will be more Star Trek for now I'd be content with what has already been made. In time I'd just love to get me the DVD collection of episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!