Like & Share

Friday, April 04, 2008

April 4, 1968

It's been 40 years since MLK Jr. was assassinated in Memphis, TN. Here are Morehouse there have been rememberances. Just last night in King Chapel, Tom Brokaw and Dr. King's son, MLK III and a couple of other students as well as another guy I'm not so familiar with were on the stage. The event was a screening of a History channel program about Dr. King. I mentioned that in my post about MLB's Civil Rights game in Memphis, TN this past weekend.

There's supposed to be a vigil right at King's statue. I may have pictures or video, I haven't decided which medium yet, but I plan to be there tonight. When I can get the gumption to edit the video in a timely fashion or at least upload any photographs you will see them not at the "Eye" but right here! So stay tuned.

For your reading pleasure however, The State of commemorates this day and offers a story about their trip to Memphis last year.

ADDITION: MyUrbanReport commemorates this day with a pair of videos. A visit to the Memphis motel where Dr. King was killed and one about Morehouse College being home to Dr. King's important papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated because one random commenter chose to get comment happy. What doesn't get published is up to my discretion. Of course moderating policy is subject to change. Thanks!